(5474) Tricare Military Insurance Accepted at Alcohol Rehab Treatment Centers
TRICARE is the healthcare entity serving active-duty, National Guard and Reserve, and retired service members and their families. The organization offers plans that provide robust and comprehensive coverage for the treatment of alcohol use disorder. The sad reality is that problem drinking and alcohol abuse are uniquely high among active and retired military, with factors like PTSD, anxiety, and depression related to service driving higher rates of alcohol consumption. If you or someone you care about has a TRICARE insurance plan, you can start your recovery journey today and have your insurance cover at least part of your alcohol abuse and addiction treatment.
Statistics on Drug Misuse Among Veterans and the Military
- Among active-duty service members in the 2015 HRBS, just over 4% reported misusing one or more prescription drug types in the past year.2
- Reported rates of illicit drug use increase when active duty personnel leave military service.1
- More than one in ten veterans have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder, slightly higher than the general population.3
- Many veterans have unique issues related to pain management, with two-thirds reporting they experience pain. More than 9% reported that they experience severe pain, compared to only 6.4% of non-veterans, putting them at higher risk for accidental opioid pain reliever overdoses. 7
What Does TRICARE Cover in Alcohol Rehab?
While each member’s scope of treatment will be different according to their plans, TRICARE plans generally cover all or part of the following services:
- Inpatient services (emergency and non-emergency)
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Management of withdrawal symptoms (Detoxification)
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Mental health therapeutic services
- Office-based opioid treatment
- Opioid treatment programs
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Residential substance use disorder treatment
TRICARE may also cover medically supervised detox and withdrawal management to help you get through your acute symptoms. They may also offer dual-diagnosis care to help you address your co-occurring drinking and mental health challenges. Talk to the facility you’re choosing about your coverage options. Very often, especially in the case of military personnel, drinking is the product of an underlying mental health condition for which care is also required, alongside the immediate impact and aftermath of substance use.
How Do I Find A TRICARE Rehab?
Once you’ve identified that you or someone you care about needs help for alcohol addiction and that your treatment is covered by TRICARE, you can find a doctor in your area using TRICARE’s locations search feature. You don’t have to let drinking control or derail your life. Get the help you need now.
Substance Abuse Resources for Veterans and Military
- Substance Use and Military Life Drug Facts
- Substance Abuse & Addiction Prevention | Military OneSource
- Substance Use Disorders in the U.S. Armed Forces - Institute Of Medicine
- PTSD and Substance Abuse in Veterans - PTSD: National Center for PTSD
- Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP) :: U.S. Army Installation Management Command
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse - Navy Medicine
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment | TRICARE